Galeasen FREM - Sail with a wooden ship from Kolding
Feel the whirring wings of history
In 1995 The Ministry of Culture appointed FREM as a part of Denmark’s irreplaceable maritime culture treasure. FREM goes back to 1939 where it was build at Nykøbing Mors Shipyard and with its almost 40 meters and 450 m2 sail, this beautiful and historical ship is one of the larges wooden ships in Scandinavia. FREM has a capacity of 40 persons.
- See the wind catch the large sail and enjoy the view from the deck
- Listen to the shipmasters stories about the ship and life at sea
- Smell the ocean, fell the atmosphere and the happiness of the presence and warmth under deck
- Taste and share the lunch with specialties from our own brewery
- Fell the fellowship and learn more about each other in fresh and unaccustomed frames
A sail trip with the beautiful, old wooden ship FREM is an experience for all senses! Galeasen was originally build to carriage goods across the oceans and its story has made its tracks. The heavy chains, used to load large barrels with beer, has dug its way deep into the woodwork.
In collaboration with the local microbrewery – Trolden Bryghus – the story has come to life again with their interesting variety of special beers that you are going to taste.
Charter-sail trips for a maximum of 40 persons
Our concept is based on that everything is possible – we custom makes every trip together to fit your needs and wishes. Among this, we have our own chief who provides the catering for the trip. Besides these catering and activity offerings, the trip has no limits.
Call Peter Søegaard, 2148 0709, and hear more about what Galeasen FREM can do for you whether it’s about:
- Personal- or customer events
- Celebrating a flag day (birthday, wedding, reception etc.)
- A family gathering, gentleman lunch or bachelor party
- Memorial ceremony and scattering of ashes